Topics covered in this one-day class include:
- SET THE STAGE: Introduction to BIM; Setting up ArchiCAD
- INTRO TO ARCHICAD: Starting ArchiCAD with a Template; Loading Libraries; Quick Tour of the interface
- INTERACTION WITH ARCHICAD: Standard Mouse Technique; Drawing New Elements; Selecting Existing Elements; Editing Elements
- START A VIRTUAL BUILDING (Building Information Model): Schematic Design;
- TRACE & COMPARE: Selecting Trace Reference for the Navigator; Trace & Reference Palette; Examples of Using Trace
- CREATE VIEWS OF THE BIM – Data becomes Information: Model Views vs. View Points; Creating New Views
- LAYOUT BOOK – Create and Print New Layout Sheets: Placing Drawings on a Sheet; Automatic Drawing Updates; Printing Drawing Sheets
Class size is limited to 8 students. AEC will provide a computer (Mac or Windows)for each participant to work on. There will be a 60 min. lunch break and two 15-minute breaks.
To register for this class, call AEC Infosystems at (410)435-3600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All major credit cards accepted.
The complete Introduction to ArchiCAD course consists of this class – Part 1 (AC101) and a second class, Part 2 (AC102). See the listing for AC102 for details.
PREREQUISITES: General working knowledge of computer operation.
AIA Learning Units: 6.5