Get the most from your ARCHICAD BIM investment
With training courses designed to make your work easier
Whether you’re new to ARCHICAD or just want to advance your skills, there are a range of training options available to help you get the most out of your ARCHICAD investment.
ARCHICAD Fundamentals Training: 6.5 AIA LUs
This interactive, hands-on training course introduces basic Building Information Modeling (BIM) techniques and collaboration concepts. At the conclusion of the course, attendees will have a working understanding of BIM basics and the skills needed for adopting a streamlined BIM workflow. Attendees can also undertake our Intermediate Training course to build upon these skills (these two courses are often bundled together). Topics included in this course are:
- Launching the Program
- Working with the Interface
- Selection Techniques
- Common Techniques
- Building the Model
- Working with Walls
- ARCHICAD 3D
- Window & Door Tools
- Using Editing Tools
- Story Settings
- Trace Reference
- Magic Wand
- First Floor Slab
- Placing Columns
- Placing Beams
- Placing Objects
- Complex Profiles
- Second Story
- Section/Elevation Markers
- Library Management
- Keyboard Shortcuts
Learning objectives – attendees will learn:
- Basic 3D modeling techniques
- The basics of adopting a streamlined BIM workflow
- Different modes of collaboration across the AEC disciplines and to create document deliverables
- How to utilize the BIM Server which allows instant group collaboration within a single project.
This course is undertaken in two sessions of 3 hours and costs $350 per person; or $300 per person for SSA Members. You can also bundle this course with our ARCHICAD Intermediate course for a combined total of $600 per person, or $500 per person for SSA Members.
ARCHICAD Intermediate Training: 6.5 AIA LUs
ARCHICAD Intermediate Training is for new users that have attended ARCHICAD Fundamentals training (these two courses are often bundled together); or for current ARCHICAD users who are looking to enhance their skills. Topics covered during the training include:
- Utilizing the Morph Tool
- Utilizing the Stair and Railing Tools
- Using sections and elevations to see how a model is put together
- Enhanced detailing
- Understanding worksheets and best practices for adding notes and storing them as visual favorites
- Improving workflow through customized settings and element attributes
- Customizing and creating unique wall composites, fills, building materials, surfaces, and how to import/export these elements
- Learn the importance of organization when documenting and designing your model with project map, view map, layout, and publisher
- Creating layouts, title blocks, auto text, and updating layouts
- The importance of template creation and how to create a new template
Learning objectives – attendees will:
- Learn how to use the Morph Tool to create custom objects
- Understand the benefits of a customized work environment by incorporating layouts and templates
- Identify best practices for an improved workflow through customized settings and element attributes
- Learn the benefits of creating custom layouts, settings, element attributes, and title blocks.
This course is undertaken in two sessions of 3 hours and costs $350 per person; or $300 per person for SSA Members. You can also bundle this course with our ARCHICAD Fundamentals course for a combined total of $600 per person, or $500 per person for SSA Members.
Remote (Online) Training
We know how busy you are, so we have developed a range of courses that are delivered online, so you can learn in comfort of your own office. These courses also attract AIA Learning Credits.
- ARCHICAD Fundamentals and Intermediate 2-Day Training
- Morph Tool & Object Creation
- Collaboration Techniques
- Creative Documentation & BIMx
- ARCHICAD for SketchUp and 2D Users
- … and much more.
The Online Training versions of our ARCHICAD Fundamentals and Intermediate courses are available for purchase separately, and cost $350 per person per day; or $300 per person per day for SSA Members. Other remote training courses vary in price – please view the relevant course page for pricing.
Custom Training Solutions
GRAPHISOFT offers customizable ARCHICAD training and implementation guidance based on your firm’s needs. From beginner to advanced, we are here to help you get the most out of your ARCHICAD investment.
- Custom Training Services available at $150/hour ($125/hour ARCHIPLUS SSA).
- Consulting Services are available at $175/hour ($150/hour ARCHIPLUS SSA)
For more information on any of these custom training solutions, please request a callback using the form below.
“Time spent in ARCHICAD accomplishes a vastly superior project”
General Design Inc
“ARCHICAD… has allowed us to take on more projects and increase profits”
“It is hard to imagine providing the high level of value, coordination and communication our custom projects require without ARCHICAD and BIMx”