Get the most from your ARCHICAD BIM investment by planning ahead for training!
Whether you’re new to ARCHICAD or just want to advance your skills, GRAPHISOFT and our Partners in North America have a variety of training options you can choose from to accommodate learning styles and most any budget. Peruse the course descriptions below, and scroll to the map to find the information for your local GRAPHISOFT representative who you can contact for more information.
ARCHICAD Fundamentals Training: 6.5 AIA LUs
This interactive, hands-on training course introduces basic Building Information Modeling (BIM) techniques and collaboration concepts. At the conclusion of the course, attendees will have a working understanding of BIM basics and the skills needed for adopting a streamlined BIM workflow. Topics include:
- Launching the Program
- Working with the Interface
- Selection Techniques
- Common Techniques
- Building the Model
- Working with Walls
- ARCHICAD 3D
- Window & Door Tools
- Using Editing Tools
- Story Settings
- Trace Reference
- Magic Wand
- First Floor Slab
- Placing Columns
- Placing Beams
- Placing Objects
- Complex Profiles
- Second Story
- Section/Elevation Markers
- Library Management
- Keyboard Shortcuts
Learning objectives – attendees will learn:
- Basic 3D modeling techniques
- The basics of adopting a streamlined BIM workflow
- Different modes of collaboration across the AEC disciplines and to create document deliverables
- How to utilize the BIM Server which allows instant group collaboration within a single project.
ARCHICAD Intermediate Training: 6.5 AIA LUs
ARCHICAD Intermediate Training is for new users that have attended ARCHICAD Fundamentals training, or for current ARCHICAD users who are looking to enhance their skills. Topics covered during the training include:
- Utilizing the Morph Tool
- Utilizing the Stair and Railing Tools
- Using sections and elevations to see how a model is put together
- Enhanced detailing
- Understanding worksheets and best practices for adding notes and storing them as visual favorites
- Improving workflow through customized settings and element attributes
- Customizing and creating unique wall composites, fills, building materials, surfaces, and how to import/export these elements
- Learn the importance of organization when documenting and designing your model with project map, view map, layout, and publisher
- Creating layouts, title blocks, auto text, and updating layouts
- The importance of template creation and how to create a new template
Learning objectives – attendees will:
- Learn how to use the Morph Tool to create custom objects
- Understand the benefits of a customized work environment by incorporating layouts and templates
- Identify best practices for an improved workflow through customized settings and element attributes
- Learn the benefits of creating custom layouts, settings, element attributes, and title blocks.
Remote (Online) Training
We know how busy you are, so we have developed a range of courses that are delivered online, so you can learn in comfort of your own office. These courses also attract AIA Learning Credits.
- ARCHICAD Fundamentals and Intermediate Training
- Morph Tool & Object Creation
- Collaboration Techniques
- Creative Documentation & BIMx
- ARCHICAD for SketchUp and 2D Users
- … and much more.
View currently available here.
Custom Training Solutions
GRAPHISOFT offers customizable ARCHICAD training and implementation guidance based on your firm’s needs. From beginner to advanced, we are here to help you get the most out of your ARCHICAD investment.
For more information on any of these custom training solutions, please scroll down to the map below to find your local GRAPHISOFT representatives contact information.
Pricing for ARCHICAD Training
|Course Title||Course Delivery Options||Pricing|
|In Person||Online||Standard||ARCHIPLUS SSA|
|ARCHICAD Fundamentals (two 3-hour sessions)||Y||Y||$350||$300|
|ARCHICAD Intermediate (two 3-hour sessions)||Y||Y||$350||$300|
|ARCHICAD Fundamentals & Intermediate (2 days)||Y||N||$600||$500|
- Above pricing is per person
- Custom Training Services available at $150/hour ($125/hour ARCHIPLUS SSA).
- Consulting Services are available at $175/hour ($150/hour ARCHIPLUS SSA)
If you’re interested in training, please contact your local GRAPHISOFT representative!
Simply hover over the map near your locale to get the contact information for your region. Use your browser’s zoom features to get a closer look!
Credit for photo at top of this page: Charles Perkins Centre, Sydney, Australia, fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp, https://fjmtstudio.com, Photo © John Gollings