Get the most from your ARCHICAD BIM investment by planning ahead for training!
Whether you’re new to ARCHICAD or just want to advance your skills, GRAPHISOFT and our Partners in North America have a variety of training options you can choose from to accommodate learning styles and most any budget. Peruse the course descriptions below, and scroll to the map to find the information for your local GRAPHISOFT representative who you can contact for more information.
ARCHICAD Fundamentals Training: 6.5 AIA LUs
This interactive, hands-on training course introduces basic Building Information Modeling (BIM) techniques and collaboration concepts. At the conclusion of the course, attendees will have a working understanding of BIM basics and the skills needed for adopting a streamlined BIM workflow. Topics include:
- Launching the Program
- Working with the Interface
- Selection Techniques
- Common Techniques
- Building the Model
- Working with Walls
- ARCHICAD 3D
- Window & Door Tools
- Using Editing Tools
- Story Settings
- Trace Reference
- Magic Wand
- First Floor Slab
- Placing Columns
- Placing Beams
- Placing Objects
- Complex Profiles
- Second Story
- Section/Elevation Markers
- Library Management
- Keyboard Shortcuts
Learning objectives – attendees will learn:
- Basic 3D modeling techniques
- The basics of adopting a streamlined BIM workflow
- Different modes of collaboration across the AEC disciplines and to create document deliverables
- How to utilize the BIM Server which allows instant group collaboration within a single project.
ARCHICAD Intermediate Training: 6.5 AIA LUs
ARCHICAD Intermediate Training is for new users that have attended ARCHICAD Fundamentals training, or for current ARCHICAD users who are looking to enhance their skills. Topics covered during the training include:
- Utilizing the Morph Tool
- Utilizing the Stair and Railing Tools
- Using sections and elevations to see how a model is put together
- Enhanced detailing
- Understanding worksheets and best practices for adding notes and storing them as visual favorites
- Improving workflow through customized settings and element attributes
- Customizing and creating unique wall composites, fills, building materials, surfaces, and how to import/export these elements
- Learn the importance of organization when documenting and designing your model with project map, view map, layout, and publisher
- Creating layouts, title blocks, auto text, and updating layouts
- The importance of template creation and how to create a new template
Learning objectives – attendees will:
- Learn how to use the Morph Tool to create custom objects
- Understand the benefits of a customized work environment by incorporating layouts and templates
- Identify best practices for an improved workflow through customized settings and element attributes
- Learn the benefits of creating custom layouts, settings, element attributes, and title blocks.
ARCHICAD Basic Training: 3 AIA LUs
Part I: Navigating the Basics 10:00 AM -11:30 AM
This part of the course will give you the foundational knowledge you need to leverage the power of ARCHICAD. You’ll get answers to questions such as: Where do I begin? How much do I model in 3D or draw in 2D? Where are my documents? How do I plot?
Once you understand how to use Navigator properly—Project Map, View Map and View Settings, Layout Book and Publisher Sets—along with some basic user inputs and keyboard shortcuts, you will become a successful ARCHICAD user—and be well on your way to becoming a full-on “power user.”
Part II: ARCHICAD Q&A Open Forum & Catered Lunch 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Please email your questions to us in advance so we can ensure the class provides the answers you’re looking for.
Part II: The Next Step on the Road to Becoming an ARCHICAD Power User 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM
In the second part of our ARCHICAD basics series, we’ll streamline the ARCHICAD workflow by using worksheets, importing and exporting DWGs and PDFs, and learning the basics of the Publisher environment for the delivery of 2D documentation and collaboration with our consultants. The session will conclude with an overview of BIMx.
At the end of ARCHICAD Basic Training, attendees will understand:
- The ARCHICAD work environment
- Basic user inputs and keyboard shortcuts
- Starting from a template
- Navigator—the ARCHICAD workflow
- Improve workflow using ARCHICAD worksheets
- Import and export DWGs and PDFs
- Deliver 2D documentation from the ARCHICAD Publisher environment
- Improve presentation and communication with BIMx
GeT Intro to ARCHICAD Virtual Course
ARCHICAD’s Global eTraining (GeT) virtual course is a holistic, entry-level training for new and existing users.This course can be taken at your own pace from any computer. Topics include:
- Getting to Know the ARCHICAD Work Environment
- Setting Up Projects
- Drafting Tools & Aids
- Grids, Columns & Beams
- Building Materials
- Doors & Windows
- Title Blocks & Layouts
Try it FREE for 7 Days!
Got to www.globaletraining.net and select the BLACK “Enrollment Key” BUTTON. Enter your Enrollment Key ID (GraphisoftDemo) and Password (GeTAccess1).
Custom Training Solutions
GRAPHISOFT offers customizable ARCHICAD training and implementation guidance based on your firm’s needs. From beginner to advanced, we are here to help you get the most out of your ARCHICAD investment.
For more information on any of these custom training solutions, please scroll down to the map below to find your local GRAPHISOFT representatives contact information.
Pricing for ARCHICAD Training
|Course Title||Course Delivery Options||Pricing|
|In Person||Online||Standard||ARCHIPLUS SSA|
|ARCHICAD Fundamentals (two 3-hour sessions)||Y||Y||$350||$300|
|ARCHICAD Intermediate (two 3-hour sessions)||Y||Y||$350||$300|
|ARCHICAD Fundamentals & Intermediate (2 days)||Y||N||$600||$500|
|ARCHICAD Basic Training (half-day)||Y||N||$275||$250|
|GeT Entry Level ARCHICAD Virtual Self-paced Training||N||Y||$500||n/a|
- Above pricing is per person
- Custom Training Services available at $150/hour ($125/hour ARCHIPLUS SSA).
- Consulting Services are available at $175/hour ($150/hour ARCHIPLUS SSA)
If you’re interested in training, please contact your local GRAPHISOFT representative!
Simply hover over the map near your locale to get the contact information for your region. Use your browser’s zoom features to get a closer look!
Credit for photo at top of this page: Charles Perkins Centre, Sydney, Australia, fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp, https://fjmtstudio.com, Photo © John Gollings