Registration Notes: the cost of this training is $350 per person, per day ($300 per day for ARCHIPLUS Members). There are additional discounts for registering for both training days – see ticket descriptions above for Promo Codes.
Please join us to meet your local GRAPHISOFT team and get hands-on ARCHICAD Training with up to 13 AIA Learning Units!
Computers and software will be provided for this hands-on training. Refreshments include morning and afternoon snacks and beverages, and a catered lunch.
ARCHICAD & BIM Workflow Fundamentals
This interactive, hands-on training course introduces basic Building Information Modeling (BIM) techniques and collaboration concepts. At the conclusion of the course, attendees will have a working understanding of BIM basics and the skills needed for adopting a streamlined BIM workflow. Topics include:
- Launching the Program
- Working with the Interface
- Selection Techniques
- Common Techniques
- Building the Model
- Working with Walls
- ARCHICAD 3D
- Window & Door Tools
- Using Editing Tools
- Story Settings
- Trace Reference
- Magic Wand
- First Floor Slab
- Placing Columns
- Placing Beams
- Placing Objects
- Complex Profiles
- Second Story
- Section/Elevation Markers
- Library Management
- Keyboard Shortcuts
Learning objectives – attendees will learn:
- Basic 3D modeling techniques
- The basics of adopting a streamlined BIM workflow
- Different modes of collaboration across the AEC disciplines and to create document deliverables
- How to utilize the BIM Server which allows instant group collaboration within a single project.
Intermediate Training for ARCHICAD
ARCHICAD Intermediate Training is for new users that have attended ARCHICAD Fundamentals training, or for current ARCHICAD users who are looking to enhance their skills. Topics covered during the training include:
- Utilizing the Morph Tool
- Using sections and elevations to see how a model is put together
- Enhanced detailing
- Understanding worksheets and best practices for adding notes and storing them as visual favorites
- Improving workflow through customized settings and element attributes
- Customizing and creating unique wall composites, fills, building materials, surfaces, and how to import/export these elements
- Learn the importance of organization when documenting and designing your model with project map, view map, layout, and publisher
- Creating layouts, title blocks, auto text, and updating layouts
- The importance of template creation and how to create a new template
Learning objectives – attendees will:
- Learn how to use the Morph Tool to create custom objects
- Understand the benefits of a customized work environment by incorporating layouts and templates
- Identify best practices for an improved workflow through customized settings and element attributes
- Learn the benefits of creating custom layouts, settings, element attributes, and title blocks.
Your Instructor is ….
Leeswann Bolden, LEED Green Associate, Assoc. AIA, GRAPHISOFT BIM Consultant
Leeswann Bolden, LEED Green Associate, Assoc. AIA, is a BIM Consultant with GRAPHISOFT having utilized the benefits of BIM for 8 years. As an independent architectural and urban design consultant, she worked with a number of firms specializing in sustainable residential, commercial and community development projects.
Leeswann holds Master’s degrees in Architecture and Urban Planning, and a Bachelor’s of Architectural Studies degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Leeswann’s first ARCHICAD experience came as an intern during her time at the University. She mentored and taught several student groups and led NOMAS competition teams to the national stage using ARCHICAD and BIMx.
Having joined GRAPHISOFT in 2014 as BIM Implementation Consultant, Leeswann continues her quest to educate and assist firms in their need to improve workflow. She provides training to architectural professionals, leading to in-depth proficiency with GRAPHISOFT BIM technologies.