Learn What it Takes to Be a BIM Manager!
ARCHICAD requires organization, workflow standards, and coordination. This session will teach you how to develop and enhance these skills. To begin, we’ll discuss a general overview of the BIM Manager’s job and highlight the typical challenges and tasks involved with this position.
After considering the importance of the tasks and the challenges faced, we can dive into the best way to manage your ARCHICAD projects, train new team members, and fill the void if you don’t have dedicated personnel assigned to the BIM Manager role.
By the end of this session, you’ll have the knowledge needed to optimize your software performance, develop organized office standards, increase template coordination, and enhance team collaboration to make your business more successful and profitable.
At the end of this session, attendees will understand how to:
- Understand the role of a BIM Manager, including job tasks and pertinent skill sets.
- Make the most out of your software by using default settings that will have ARCHICAD running fast and lean.
- Transform your existing project server into an ARCHICAD database to enhance template coordination, on-boarding of new hires, and office standards.
- Optimize the office workflow through BIM coordination techniques including IFC, Solibri, BIMx PRO, and 3D printing.
- Cost: $250 per person ($175 ARCHIPLUS Members)
- Earn 2 AIA LUs: AIA Course ID ACBIMTrai
Earn 2 AIA LUs: AIA Course ID ACBIMTrai
About your presenter:
Kyla Kuhnlein | AIA | LEED AP BD+C, Product Manager, GRAPHISOFT North America
Kyla is an architect with over ten years of experience using ARCHICAD to design, develop and manage projects of various sizes and types. She has a diverse project history in education, commercial, hospitality, custom residential, historical conservation, and multiple LEED awarded projects.
Kyla’s background includes working in several well-known architecture and design studios as well as consulting with firms internationally to implement BIM standards. Her teaching experience includes courses in CAD technology and architectural history. This knowledge has led to developing an integrated BIM workflow and an expert understanding of the fundamentals required to create comprehensive documents and BIM models.