« All Events
Remote Learning: ARCHICAD Creative Documentation and BIMx
September 13 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Better Communicate Your Design Ideas
In this remote learning course, we’ll look at how you can move beyond the discrete functions of your BIM platform for producing standard deliverables. You’ll learn how to combine a variety of ARCHICAD’s visualization abilities to generate more visually dynamic material that better conveys your designs ideas. We’ll also walk through the nuances of planning for and creating BIMx files that will take your presentations to whole new level!
$450/person; $375/person for ARCHIPLUS members using code SSAPROMO
Creative Documentation Workflows (120m)
- Compositional building blocks
- Importance of creating Views linked to Cameras
- Open GL, sketch rendering, CineRender, 3D documents
- Synchronizing pieces onto a layout
- Graphic design with ARCHICAD
- Creating graphics libraries: image fills
- A new perspective on Pen Sets
- Example 1: Illustrative 3D Cutaway
- Example 2: Illustrated Site Plan
BIMx Workflows (60m)
- Setting up BIMx Publisher Set
- Considerations when exporting multiple views
- Fly-Throughs vs. Gallery Views
- Export to BIMx model transfer site and social sharing
Presenter: Duncan Gilchrist, GRAPHISOFT BIM Manager
By the end of this session, attendees will:
- Gain a broader perspective on crafting and introducing complex workflows for design.
- Learn the various steps and approaches for generating creative documents.
- Understand the potential of exploiting graphics libraries and unique pen sets.
- Learn how to create and export BIMx models for a variety of purposes.