The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd is a multiple phase (and multiple campus) project that started in 2000 and is still on-going. The $20,000,000 plus project is broken into four major phases:
Administration Building in 2002
The Administration phase included building a new administration building for the church and developing the site for the future developments. This included closing a street and redoing the utilities.
Good Shepherd on the Hill in 2014
Renovating an unused Episcopal church facility across town to provide a temporary home for the day school while a new building was built. This building became a new outreach congregation and school in the underserved east side.
The new Education and Parish Life Center in 2015
Two floors of classrooms over a sub-grade parking lot and a new larger Parish Activity Center and commercial kitchen
The new Narthex and Worship Renovations in 2016
Adding a much needed narthex and restrooms to the original Steinbomer church. The addition included providing for a 1300 pipe organ and a 28 bell carillon. We also replaced the air-conditioning, preserved and protected the stain glass windows, added new lighting and flooring.
We are currently redesigning their Garth and columbarium as well as further renovations to the original 1940s building.
We have been using ARCHICAD on this project since the second phase including:
- Traditional detailing
- Consultant coordination and model import
- Conflict checking
- 3-D visualization at meetings
- Animation output for client presentation
- Promotional renderings.