« All Events
Remote Learning: ARCHICAD Stair and Railing
September 27 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
In this online course, you’ll learn how to use ARCHICAD’s Stair & Railing features—from schematic design to construction documentation—leveraging numerous tools and ARCHICAD insider modeling tricks! Attendees will receive 3AIA LU/HSW credits upon completion.
This online training course is for users that have the BIM basics down and have worked in ARCHICAD before, or for veteran ARCHICAD users who are looking to enhance skills and better leverage the Stair & Railing features in ARCHICAD to gain competitive advantage.
Course Outline: Stairs & Railing Overview (90m):
- Associated and Static Features Overview
- 2D and 3D Model View Options
- Rules & Settings
- Favorite Use Overview
- Making Custom Components
- Adding ARCHICAD Properties to Element/Objects
Detailing the Stairs and Railing (45m):
- Creating Enlarged Plans
- Annotating Sections
- Making Details from the Model Using 3D Documents and the Detail Tool
- Scheduling Components
- Laying Out the Stair Drawings and Publishing them
Railing tool extras (45m):
- Site: Fences, Guard Rails, Lights posts, Trees, Roads
- Interior and Exterior Trim
- Roof Edges
$450/person; $375/person for ARCHIPLUS members using code SSAPROMO
Earn 3 AIA Learning Units
By the end of this session, attendees will:
- Better understand the common stair and railing challenges faced by design professionals in the residential and commercial markets.
- Be able to establish a BIM workflow from schematic design to construction documents for stair designs.
- Understand the importance of automatic schedules and linking specifications to the individual parts of stairs and railings.
- Have better approaches for presenting Stair and Railing designs to clients and consultants.
About Your Presenters:
Vincent Boutaud, Assoc. AIA, GRAPHISOFT BIM Consultant / ARCHICAD Trainer / Technical Support Engineer
Vincent Boutaud Graduated from Northeastern University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Architecture in 2007 and with a Master’s in Architecture in 2008. He started using and learning ARCHICAD in 2004 with version 8.1 and has been an active alpha and beta tester since 2014. He maintains strong commitments to the architectural community by participating in numerous events and organizations, and has been the Co-Chair of the Boston ARCHICAD User Group since 2013.
Before joining GRAPHISOFT, Vincent worked at numerous architectural companies gaining 10+ years of experience in roles including CAD / Systems Manager, Staff Architect, and BIM Specialist / Visualization Coordinator. His expertise is quite diverse and he has worked on numerous projects including hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, senior living facilities, independent living communities, corporate offices, middle schools, and elementary schools. He enjoys finding new technologies and leveraging new methods to help improve architectural process efficiency.