Use BIM Strategies to Renovate Your Approach to Renovation
Why You DO NOT Want to Miss this Webinar!
GRAPHISOFT presenter, Kyla Kuhnlein wowed attendees at this year’s AIA National Conference in Chicago when she gave her talk on the renovation of Calumet Middle School in Calumet Park, IL. There are some really good reasons why.
The topic – renovation projects make up a considerable portion of the architecture projects out there today. They require careful planning, phasing, and coordination. Making sure that your model contains relevant information can be time-consuming. That may be why your firm has not taken on renovations to date, but doing so – with ArchiCAD – can be extremely beneficial.
The presenter – Kuhnlein brings more than ten years of ArchiCAD experience in designing, developing and managing projects of various sizes and types. Her diverse project history contains numerous LEED awarded projects within buildings for education, commercial, hospitality, custom residential and historical conservation.
The project – managed by STR Partners in ArchiCAD – is an ideal example of how a BIM strategy can impact renovation projects. The architects at STR used BIM to extensively document and graphically present information from within a single building model. The team had to work to overcome several obstacles within considerable constraints:
- 62,000SF facility, over 100 years old; did not meet ADA or ASHRAE standards
- Needed to renovate over 7,000SF + 55,000SF of new construction
- Work needed to be completed while building was partially occupied and operating.
Kuhlein brings an intense familiarity with this project to this webinar. She will demonstrate how STR Partners used ArchiCAD BIM software to remodel the school. You can expect to learn how ArchiCAD can benefit your next renovation project by:
- Enhancing Collaboration: Bring the project team together with a holistic approach to collaboration.
- Minimizing Logistical Challenges: Easily create phasing models, construction sequencing and flow diagrams.
- Reducing Bid Costs with Interactive Scheduling: Create highly accurate documents and a wealth of information in the early design stages.
- Eliminating Redundancy in Documentation: ArchiCAD’s Renovation feature only requires a single model file for multiple construction phases.
So don’t delay, the webinar is set for Thursday, November 13th from 1-2pm EST.
Click here to register.