Announcing ARCHICAD 19
The wait is (almost) over. GRAPHISOFT® has announced today the latest version of its industry-leading BIM software solution for architects and designers, is coming. In order to make this version of ARCHICAD BIM software the best it could be for architects, GRAPHISOFT focused on performance. The developers worked on extending ARCHICAD’s robust 64-bit and multi-processing technologies with predictive background processing, an industry-first to BIM. As a result, ARCHICAD now offers lightning-fast response times, making it the undisputed speed leader in the BIM business.
There’s lots to be excited about in this release – so we’ll break it down for you here. The innovations in ARCHICAD 19 result from a combination many factors which provide major improvements to the software’s intuitiveness and responsiveness. Users will experience a unique, fluid feeling to their interactions with the software.
ARCHICAD 19 features:
- Improved Work Environment– A new Tab Bar for multiple viewpoints lets users experience speedier switching among Floor Plans, Sections, Elevations, and 3D windows.
- Permanent Guidelines — Accurately create and edit elements by taking advantage of permanent Guide Lines, Snap Guides and Snap Points.
- Interactive 3D Surface Painter — Receive instant, visual feedback provided through intuitive, ‘drag-and-drop’ building model surface editing in 3D. ARCHICAD 19’s new Surface Painter enables designers to change model surfaces in the 3D window with a single click using a floating palette called Surface Editor.
- Smoother, Faster 3D Navigation with OpenGL — ARCHICAD 19 uses a fully-optimized OpenGL engine ensuring smoother, faster 3D navigation, even when working with extremely large building models.
- Predictive Background Processing – ARCHICAD 19 maximizes unused computer capacity by anticipating potential future user actions and preparing for them in the background. Overall responsiveness of the application increases and it remains agile with projects of any type or size.
- Leading the Way in OPEN BIM – ARCHICAD 19 makes many time-consuming tasks easier than ever with advancements in the following areas:
- Point-Cloud Support: 3D laser scanned surveyor data can be imported into the model to help visualize the environment or the “as built” structure.
- Listing Enhancements: Listing skin areas in interactive schedules helps users accurately schedule the area of any skins from composite structures.
- Annotation Improvements: Pointer for Dimension Texts helps dimension narrow structures close to each other by automatically adding pointers. Multi-leader automatic labels help ease the tedious work of documentation.
- PDF improvements: By implementing a truly WYSIWYG – “what you see is what you get” – solution, ARCHICAD 19 ensures that only the visible layers will be included in the created PDF.
GRAPHISOFT ARCHICAD® 19 will start shipping in June 2015 with an impressive list of 26 local versions rolled out by the end of Q3 2015. Learn more about the upcoming release here.